Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First day photos 6-17-08



Here is the project: One broken rib, the deck plate on bow and stern needs replacement, the outwale on port and starboard on both ends needs replacement, four white cedar boards are either cracked or have a hole in them and the cane on the seats needs to be replaced. I will remove the sponsons completely. Of course the big deal is to replace the canvas.
First thing I'll do is blow off all the dust then vaccum the boat. I want to see whats under the years of dirt and dust.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Jeff, there is a gal in Maryville that does caning. I saw an article in the newspaper about her a year or so ago.

Her name is Bonnie Finn and her business is "Raising Cane Seatweaving." She does traditional caning, pressed cane, binder cane, splint porch weaves and rush weave designs.

I need to call her myself to get my grandmother's rocking chair re-caned.