Friday, November 27, 2009

CANOE IS FINISHED!!!! WILL FLOAT DEC 2

LAST BOLT...CANOE IS FINISHED!
December 2 Anna and I will put the renovated canoe back on the water!  It is finished!   Phillip and I put the seats, thwarts and handles on last Saturday.  Anna and I agreed that the 2nd will be significant since it was shipped to its owner Dec 2, 1954.  Now this canoe sat dry for about 25 years....no water under it.  It took 151 hours of labor to restore it.  54 seperate work days.  So, next Wednesday it goes on the water.

Old pieces cannot go into a common landfill!
I burned all the old planking, outwales, ribs, canvas and assorted other parts.  The ashes were kept and my bag will be taken to BWCAW!  Anna has another bag.  I just could not throw the odds of an Old Town wood-canvas canoe into the trash and think they would sit beside dirty diapers, trash bags, turkey bones and other trash.  So the ashes will be taken to a place canoes ache to be....the Boundaries and maybe a few places right here in Tennessee!


Ready to load to take to Tellico Lake!

No comments: