Saturday, October 31, 2009

Outrwales Shaped and Varnished

Last night I got the outwales shaped, sanded and varnished.  They amazingly match the 55 year old inwales in color but just a smigent of a shade lighter.   Tonight I will sand the varnish with 220 and apply another coat. Tomorrow do the same and Monday one last time.  Then I will take it outside Tuesday and let it set out for two days in the sun.  Hopefully by Thursday I can put the two remaining coats of red paint on, let it set for two days then put on the LAST ITEM....the brass stem band.  Then it will be FINISHED!!!!  If all goes well it may be ready for water by Nov. 15.  I really got to have a lot of sun to set the paint and varnish.  In reality it needs to cure for about two weeks before being put on water.  I certainly do not want the paint to come off in sheets!

No comments: