Friday, August 29, 2008

Ribs Bent!!!!!!!!!!



FINALLY! I have bent the six ribs. I only snapped one. So I had to create a new one. I wonder if God did that with Adam. He was asleep then "SNAP!" His rib broke as God was trying to bend it to create the new human. Maybe that is where the expression "Snap" came from.?! Anyway, I am sure that is not the way it happened. So, I placed the rib stock in a hot shower for about 30 minutes then let the hot water in the tub soak into the wood. After about two hours I took the ribs out one at a time and presto...they are on the canoe hull. I will let them dry for about 3 or 4 days then I will flip the canoe and install the new ribs. Yeah!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Adam was a rough draft. Eve was no prime rib, either! :)

(I read this in Reader's Digest recently!)

Laurie